Now that we are well into the winter months i find it hard to keep warm, especially when the temperature plummets below freezing. My feet always seem to come off the worst, even when i have good boots and thick socks. Earlier this week i came up with the idea of using insulation to warm the little tootsies up. As you may know Kingspan is one of the best insulations you can use to date,you only have to sit on the stuff and it instantly warms the ol glutimus maximus (ass).
So here's what i did:
- Find a small off-cut of insulation
- Draw around your boot insoles onto the silver side of the insulation
- with a sharp knife, cut around the shapes at a depth of 10mm
- Now slice the insulation with an old hand saw at a thickness of 3-5mm thick, (depending on how much space you have between the top of your foot and the upper of the boot.)
- Pop out the shapes and insert into your boots,silver side up.
- now insert your insoles on top.
You will notice the warmth after a few minutes. Its definitely saved my feet from the cold.